Monday 2 August 2010

IT IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE


A very Aussie scene, red earth, blue sky and a majestic gum tree.

More red earth and with the ranges in the background.

Lookie what I found - wild life! A rare red blooded Aussie male!

The trees above cover a huge area of the ranges, they are a native white cypress with very straight trunks which allowed them to be used extensively by the pioneers of the area to build their houses sheds and used also for fencing. Very pretty and pretty useful.

The photos below are of dead trees (and straight out of camera). I took them just to show how blue blue blue the sky was that day.
BLUE


BLUE


BLUE


This final pic above reminded me of the beautiful Easter story, The Three Trees.

If you are interested in reading it just google 'Three Trees', it's a lovely story.


Oh how the Aussie icon, the long drop has changed!!!


It's gone all mod and stench free - and not a fly in sight.

Though the colour is straight from the 70s!


And more wild life! The token roo - very wild.

Even a couple of token emus - but look closer at the one in the centre - It's an WHITE EMU!!! I've never never seen one of them critters before!!!!

We took a geological tour and learned sooooooooooooooooooo much - none of which I retained past the next day but it was very impressive at the time! My hippocampus dumped it all in record time, obviously deciding it was not something to clog my brain with!
Here is a large rock that was once covered in slow flowing water ( I think) for millions of years, or it could have been ice! Hmmm, I'll get back to you on that one.

This was a big kahuna rock thingy that fell from the sky many millions of years ago.
So the scientists say - and as you would know, science is always right.
Until another scientists 'prove' something to the contrary and then they are right!
In this beautiful creek bed..
....we found this really special important thing - I can't remember what it is for, but I do remember it was VERY important :)

I'll get back to you on that one too :)


No comments: