Sunday 4 July 2010

I AIM

this holiday to catch up on my logging and try try try to update regularly - wish me luck :)

Bron Nash and I went to Dingley Dell to check out the light at around 4:30pmish in preparation for some photos I was taking the next day for a young girl and her debutante partner.

The garden looked particularly pretty in the late afternoon light - found a 'fairy' ! Well, that's what we called them when we were kids, actually it's still what we call them!
This is Dingley Dell and for the uneducated: "Dingley Dell Cottage remains as a memorial to Adam Lindsay Gordon for future generations, and a legacy to a great man - horseman, politician, poet, artist, lover of classical literature, and of life" taken from Dingley Dell webpage.
Dingley Dell has been restored and refurbished as a museum, paying homage to the poet and bushman, as well as reflecting 19th century Australian lifestyle. It contains many of Gordon's belongings and memorabilia. The cottage grounds and surrounding bush once inspired Gordon to write many of his verses.
I'm not sure if the garden is anything like it was in Adam Lindsay Gordons time, but it is quite beautiful and very Australian.
Bron and Nash wandered around as I shot a few rounds!
The melaleucas mixed with lavender,
Daisies,
Jonquils,
and nasturtiums,
None of which are native to Australia when I come to think of it, but they all fit in beautifully with the gums, melaleucas and sheoks!
And last but not least a cute little toadstool.

No comments: